Colon Cleansing – The Secret to Weight Loss and Wellness
Many Americans are constantly overeating and not releasing enough waste. If a person’s colon does not release two full bowel movements each day, it is very possible they may have a toxic colon.
Focusing on a Healthy Colon
The approach to colon cleansing is one that does not specifically target weight loss, but more for regularity and overall wellness. However, almost every individual receiving a colonic irrigation may lose at least 5 to 7 pounds after each colonic session. The trick is to not focus on ‘weight loss,’ but on healthy eating and exercise during and after a colon hydrotherapy session.
Immediately following a session, there is a lighter feeling – perhaps because the garbage bin has been dumped completely. Therapists reveal the secret to weight loss is balanced enzymes in the diet – meaning a full diet of raw vegetables, especially greens. Enzymes found in raw veggies help to break down proteins and ultimately eliminate toxins from the body. While partaking in a colonic, it is best for the individual to eat a diet rich in uncooked greens, preferably juiced.
The rainbow diet, as it has been referred to, is one that not only results in dramatic weight loss, but also keeps the body functioning properly – like after changing the oil in a car or scrubbing the bathroom tub after years of grim and mildew. Cilantro is a fabulous herb that can aid in the removal of heavy metal toxins.
Healthy Food Combinations
The trick to maintain a healthy digestive system is to properly combine foods during each meal or food intake. The following is a brief description of well-balanced food combinations:
- A helpful tip is to eat fruit alone and rather than in between meals while food is digesting. It’s best to eat fruit prior to meals, and after a meal, wait at least 3 hours before eating more fruit.
- Try avoiding cold foods, even liquids, completely; they inhibit digestion.
- Try not to combine proteins (like met, milk, nuts, eggs, and seeds) with carbohydrates (like beans, bread, grains and cereals). This produces a conflicting response to the digestive track and will result in gas and discomfort.
- The best combination is to eat fats and oils (like avocado and nut oils) with non-starchy vegetables (like chard, collard greens, green beans, lettuce, parsley, sprouts, kale, etc.).
- Another great combination is fats and oils with either proteins or carbohydrates.
- A good combination is to eat proteins with non-starchy vegetables.
- A good combination is to eat carbohydrates with non-starchy vegetables.
- Proteins, carbohydrates and fruit should try not to be eaten together. When carbohydrates are eaten with fruit/sugars, they will both ferment and cause digestive problems.
- Try not to eat dairy products; if you must, eat them with a salad. Dairy is highly mucous forming and will result in fermentation and gas.
- Try not to eat cooked tomatoes; if you must have cooked tomato sauce follow it by a large green salad to balance the alkalinity.
- Try not to eat cooked spinach, which loses all of its nutritional value and forms acid crystals in the kidneys. Like many greens, it’s best to eat spinach raw.
In addition, make sure your diet is free from yeast, refined sugars, and hydrogenated oils. By eliminating these three foods from your diet you will immediately notice weight loss. A colonic helps to restore the digestive system back to normal, which also reduces food cravings.
Jump Starting Weight Loss
In modern medicine, a colonic is considered to be the natural way to jump-start weight loss in the body. However, nutritionist Bernard Jensen says to maintain weight loss after a colonic must be combined with proper exercise and a diet rich in green vegetables.
By adding colonic cleansing to your life, you will ultimately benefit from a healthy lifestyle.