Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Five Element Acupuncture is based on laws of nature which describe the flow of life energy as it manifests itself in nature - Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water.
The Chinese mapped a network of channels or meridians through which our life energy (“chi”) flows. The uneven flow or blockage of “chi” causes disease and often pain. By using sterile, disposable “hair thin” needles, acupuncture assists in the removal of any obstruction to restore balance and normal flow of “chi”.
How is Five Element Acupuncture treatment unique?
- Five Element Acupuncture is based on a model for health and wellness that is more aware of the real and powerful connection between the body, mind and spirit levels which allow the natural healing processes to unfold.
- Five Element acupuncturists see each patient, not only as they present themselves in illness, but rather as they would be in perfect health. Hence, each treatment is individualized and specific, providing caring and personal attention to each patient.
- Your Five Element Acupuncturist uses a minimum amount of needles specifically aimed at the patient’s individual needs.
What can Five Element Acupuncture Help?
Acupuncture is widely known to relieve pain. However, it is extremely powerful in treating a large variety of acute and chronic conditions. More importantly, one does not need to have a particular illness to benefit from acupuncture treatments. Acupuncture is an excellent way to strengthen your immune system and to achieve balance and an overall sense of wellness.
In addition, acupuncture is a supportive treatment of western medicine. Combining western and oriental medicine therapies enhances our ability to withstand the impact of very aggressive interventions while maintaining strength and immunity, accelerating the rate of recovery and increasing the probability of a long life. A clear advantage of trying Oriental Medicine, and specifically Acupuncture, is that you will not subject your body to the many chemical side effects and known risks common in conventional western medicine.
While a completely healthy condition is not always attainable, acupuncture treatments are a gentle, minimally invasive method of medicine that will almost always result in improved immunity, vigor and functionality. In addition, it can help prevent or reverse many of the harmful effects of surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and other therapies which are necessary to preserve and prolong your life.
In 1997 an advisory panel for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) evaluated hundreds of acupuncture studies and concluded that it is a useful and acceptable treatment for a variety of chronic and acute conditions, whether physical or emotional, including:
- Pain disorders
- Skin conditions
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Stress disorders
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Menstrual disorders
- Asthma & allergies
- Multiple chemical sensitivities
- Impotence and Infertility