Thursday, August 28, 2008
During pregnancy a woman's body goes through many changes
...some stressful and uncomfortable.
As an expert in Pregnancy Massage, I am often asked the top therapeutic results for both mother and child from my unique approach and gentle technique. I will use my first altMD Blog post to answer this question and join the online health care conversation.
Congratulations! You are going to have a baby! I am a mother of three beautiful children and surely know the benefits of massage from both sides of the pregnancy experience.
How does massage help?
- Reduces stress and promotes relaxation.
- Reduces and alleviates neck, back and joint pain caused by posture, muscle weakness, tension, extra weight, or imbalance.
- Relieves muscle spasms, cramps and fibrosis.
- Alleviates stress on weight-bearing joints and musculo-fascial structures (sacro-iliac joint, mid-back and lumbar spine, hips).
- Combats tension, fatigue, and headaches, soothe nerves to help with sleep problems, and reduce blood pressure throught relaxation and stress reduction.
- Increases blood and lymph circulation and supports the physiological process of gestation by supporting the work of the heart, increasing cellular reparation, reducing edema, and contributing to sympathetic nervous system sedation. Reduces the possiblility of problems with swelling, varicose veins, and leg cramps.
- Helps maintain skin elasticity to ease stretch marks and uncomfortable tightness.
- Assists with the management of digestive complaints such as constipation, gas, nausea and indigestion.
- Encourages deeper, easier breathing.
- Enhances self-esteem and self image, helping the pregnant woman feel more at home in her changing body.
Pregnancy and motherhood rock! For more information about Amy Braida's unique massage services for Mom and Baby, please call or contact me today! Baby - baby!!