Wednesday, February 04, 2009
You’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but why? Breakfast, literally means “breaking the fast”. During the 6-8 hours that we are sleeping our bodies are fasting. This
means when we wake up we are starving for fuel to survive the day. If
you don’t eat breakfast in the morning you may feel fine for a few
hours but come 3pm or dinner time you are most likely going to be
ravenous. Because you end up eating so much at dinner you can’t
possibly think of eating breakfast in the morning and so the cycle
starts all over again. Eating breakfast first thing in the morning has
been shown to boost your metabolism, increase energy and concentration and keep food cravings to a minimum.
if your excuse for not having breakfast is that you don’t have enough
time, try these 7 quick, healthy delicious breakfast solutions.
1. Almond Butter + Banana + Raw Honey + Sprouted Grain Sandwich
2. Super Smoothie: Fruit (kiwi, banana, mango) + Leafy Greens (kale, swiss chard) + Nut Milk + Hemp Protein + Flax Seed
3. Muesli + berries + Nut Milk
4. On The Go Egg Cups
- Make these on a Sunday and have for the week!
5. Steel Cut Oatmeal + Blueberries + Almonds + Flax + Agave
Put this on the stove the night before and will be ready to go in the am
6. Natural Waffles + Apple + Raw Honey
7. Open Faced Goat Cheese + Vegetable (tomato, avocado, pepper, anything!) + Sprouted Grain Sandwich