Beverly Price, RD, MA, RYT
Beverly Price is a nationally renown Registered Dietitian, Exercise Physiologist and Registered Yoga Teacher who is recognized for her distinctive approach to eating disorder recovery and weight management using yoga. She is an author, newspaper columnist and national presenter. Beverly blends mindful and conscious eating with yoga in her Reconnect with Food® personal counseling and group support programs.
- Beverly has been practicing nutrition for more than two decades, and has been in private practice since 1987. She was the nutrition program coordinator for the Department of Medicine and Department of Research, Sinai Hospital of Detroit (now Detroit Medical Center) and on staff at the Wayne State University Obesity and Risk Factor Program (now Beaumont Hospitals, "Beaumont Diet"). Beverly created Reconnect with Food®, yoga and eating disorder recovery programs, to help individuals explore their relationship with food, body image and emotions while integrating an array of mind-body disciplines into their lifestyles.
- Beverly has walked in your shoes. She struggled with her own food and body image issues from high school through her mid-20's. Beverly has done the work needed to heal and has no secrets--she is real. She currently has a healthy relationship with food but can relate to your pain. Beverly was also was diagnosed with Scleroderma/ Polymyositis and Mixed Connective Tissue Disease at age 27 but has been managed with Minocin (David Trentham, MD, Harvard Medical Center's protocol) along with balanced nutrition and a regular yoga practice.
- She holds a current registration by the American Dietetic Association and has completed numerous traditional and holistic continuing education and training programs in eating disorder recovery.
- Beverly completed her yoga teacher training with Jonny Kest, Center for Yoga Birmingham and West Bloomfield, Michigan. She is striving to help her clients and others further the mind-body-soul connection. Beverly's involvement in competitive and synchronized swimming (water ballet) has been a natural transition for her to yoga and dance arts.
- Beverly is the co-author of the book, Nutrition Secrets for Optimal Health, (Tall Tree Publishing, 1996). She has published and presented numerous abstracts and articles of research, and has presented them at medical and nutrition conferences, including American College of Physicians and Soviet-American Nutrition Conference. Beverly is on the advisory board and a regular contributor for Clean Eating Magazine, a division of Oxygen magazine. She represents food, fitness and healthcare companies in their national PR campaigns and is featured regularly on television, radio and in print.
- Beverly boasts her marriage of 18 years to her supportive husband, David. She is the mother of high schooler, Elana, who attends yoga regularly with Beverly and aspires to be the youngest yoga teacher trainee in the area.