Tuesday, April 20, 2010
How can I control allergies? What are my options if I have allergies? There is the easy way and there is the hard way. The easy way addresses symptoms and the hard way tries to resolve the root issue. There are options in between as well. Here is a list of the options from simple to complex, the pros and cons:
1. Easy Solution
Take medication for symptoms such as sinus blockage, increased mucus production, sneezing, cough, itchy and teary eye, itchy skin, hives, eczema, heartburn etc. Many upper respiratory symptoms are caused by allergies. Allergy also causes weak immune defiance and results in frequent colds/flu. Available antihistamine medications are Benadryl, Claritin, Zyrtec, Allegra, Sudafed or any combinations. Many digestive symptoms such as heartburn, bloating, abdominal pain, constipation and diarrhea can be caused by food allergy as well. Acid reflex medication may help some symptoms.
1) Easy to take and works fast if it helps.
2) Doesn’t need to change lifestyles.
1) Doesn’t address the root issue for allergy.
2) May stop working after a period of time.
3) Symptoms may get worse over time.
4) May cause more sever immune diseases in the future.
2. Less Easy Solution
Make some efforts to avoid allergens. Make necessary lifestyle changes to reduce allergy attack. It needs some more work, but you don’t have to go to practitioners and is still less involved comparing to other therapeutic solutions.
1) Avoid common environmental allergens such as dust, pollen, mold, animal hair and chemicals. Clean the house regularly to get rid of dust, dust mite and mold with natural cleaning agents. Always avoid pesticides and other chemicals.
2) Environmental allergies always come together with food allergies. Avoid common food allergens such as dairy, wheat, sugar, corn syrup and soy. Eat healthy food with more fruit and vegetables. Learn rotation diet if necessary.
3) Take natural supplements, herbal or homeopathic, to detox the body or symptom control.
4) Take digestive enzymes and probiotics to help digestion.
1) Can be done at home and don’t need to see a doctor.
2) Gain more knowledge about allergies.
3) Avoiding allergens minimizes immune damage to the body.
4) Natural remedies help the body to recover.
1) Only works for mild allergy cases.
2) Still doesn’t treat the root issues for allergies.
3) It can be frustrating to avoid many common allergens for a long time.
3. Solutions that Need More Work
Allergy is a malfunction of the immune system. Wrong information is stored in the immune memory cells. Identifying and changing the information helps the allergy symptoms, although it does not resolve the root issues.
1) Conventional medicine provides skin and blood tests for allergies. Once the allergens are identified, allergy shots are prescribed to train the body gradually tolerant the allergens.
2) Alternative medicine provides energetic allergy testing with electrodermal screening or Applied Kinesiology (muscle testing). Once the allergens are identified, allergy desensitization technique (NAET) can be used to reduce immure response to allergens.
3) Do everything in the 2. Less Easy Solution.
1) Identifying your specific allergy is very helpful to avoid allergens
2) Result can be very fast and encouraging.
3) Allergy desensitization is a good technique to learn and manage future allergies
1) It still does not address the root issue of allergies.
2) Conventional allergy test and allergy shots are invasive and painful.
3) Allergy shots have to be done regularly for a long time. The symptoms will come back if you stop the shots. It may stop working after a few years
4) Allergies may come back in the future even being desensitized.
4. Hard Work
Address the root issues for allergies: toxins and adrenal stresses.
1) Toxin is the major cause for allergies. Toxin accumulation in the body leads to hyper sensitivity of the immune system. Detoxifying the liver, intestines and lymphatic system is addressing the root issue of allergies.
2) Stress and adrenal weakness is another cause for allergies. Stressed lifestyle weakens the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal System. Malfunction of the adrenal system especially the cortisol controlling system leads to the hyper sensitivity of the immune function. Special program supporting adrenal system is a must to treat allergies.
3) iBMT is a special program for those who have a sensitive body. Many common detox programs are usually too harsh to the sensitive body and cause detox response during detoxification. iBMT considers every aspects of allergies and covers energetic, emotional, structural, biochemical, nutritional therapies. It focuses on the synergetic effect of various therapies and the timing to use these therapies. For more information about this program, please visit www.harryhong.com or www. highlysensitivebody.com.
1) It addresses the root issue of allergies.
2) It helps overall body function and healing abilities, not only for allergy.
3) You learn everything about allergies in the healing process and gain knowledge on how to manage allergies in the future.
1) Although symptoms can be controlled quickly with the solutions listed in 2 and 3 above, solving the root issues can be a long process, especially for those with sever adrenal stress and fatigue.
2) Solving the root issue of allergy involves complete lifestyle change. The patients have to be willing to make some changes in their lives. Without changing anything, the program may not work.
Dr. Harry Hong's comprehensive program specializes in the integration of a variety of natural healing therapies such as energy testing, allergy desensitization, homeopathy, Chinese medicine and acupuncture, enzyme therapy, flower essences, hyperbaric oxygen therapy and much more. The Healing Light Co is committed to provide quality special care to the Highly Sensitive Person with Highly Sensitive Body. We are located at Hoffman Estate/Schaumburg area in the northwest suburb of Chicago. We have an Out-of-Town program as well.