Monday, July 20, 2009
Well, I'm getting prepared for a little vacation to the West Coast.
My friend and I are heading out to LA and Santa Monica for a wedding
this weekend. I'm super excited to get away and as always- I bring my
natural health world with me on my trips.
Our flight to LA will
be a two leg trip and will be about 7 or 8 hours of combined travel
time. In preparation- the day before I drink a ton of water to get
hydrated for the air travel. Air travel can be taxing on the entire
system-- it dries out your skin, sinuses and eyes and increases the
capacity to catch germs and colds. To avoid even more germs- I always
carry a small bottle of germX and use after I touch anything.
sleep the night before is key and I use herbal sleepy tea to get to bed
earlier than usual so that I am refreshed in the morning.
my travel- I carry melatonin- a natural way to adjust to the longer
days on the west coast. I take one tablet before bed and usually it
gets me adjusted within a day. To help relax I carry a small bottle of
lavender oil- I use it to freshen up my hotel bed sheets and will use
it in a bath or steam shower after travels. The lavender naturally will
kill any germs that your nasal passages have been exposed to- plus
lavender oil smells great and provides the relaxation needed after long
A Natural Trips for Air Travel:
1 Hydrate the day before travel-- drink at least 2 liters of H20 and drink lots of water the day of travel too
2. Avoid alcohol and coffee day before and day of air travel
3. carry saline based nasal spray -- use before, during and after flight to keep nasal passages moist and fight germs
4. carry a small bottle of GermX
5. Banana -- helps minimize dehydration on the plane
6. Airborne -- to go packs or fizzies -- great for nipping any germ exposure in the bud.
7. Lavender Oil -- spray on sheets or enjoy a nice lavender steam bath