Ian Koo, Honours B.Sc., ND
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
- Dr. Ian Koo, ND is a licensed Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine and the clinic director at the Naturopathic Essentials Health Centre. He is a graduate of the four-year, full-time medical program at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, one of only six accredited naturopathic colleges in North America. Before embarking on his medical degree, Ian graduated with honours and distinction from the University of Toronto where he majored in human biology.
- As part of his medical training, Ian practiced at a number of clinics including the Sherbourne Health Centre and the LAMP Community Health Centre – a multidisciplinary facility comprised of allied health care professionals including naturopathic doctors, medical doctors, and registered nurses.
- Ian is trained in general family medicine and has a special interest in helping to improve the quality of life for those living with chronic conditions such as autoimmune diseases, arthritis, cardiovascular diseases, gastrointestinal disorders and skin conditions. Ian has also had additional training in the areas of pain management and is certified to perform facial rejuvenation (cosmetic) acupuncture.
- Ian has lectured and presented on a wide range of topics from naturopathic care for the elderly, to weight loss and dermatological health – with a focus on eczema, psoriasis and acne. He has followed in the footsteps of his grandfather, a Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and has incorporated time tested healing wisdom with his modern scientific training.
- Ian is a member of the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors. He is also registered with the Board of Directors of Drugless Therapy – Naturopathy.