What Is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine combines the best of both conventional and alternative treatments
to offer an individualized approach that empowers the patient.
Naturopathic doctors are trained to find and eliminate the cause of
disease rather than only treating the symptoms. By applying safe and
effective natural therapies, your naturopathic physician will help you
achieve optimal health.
Naturopathic doctors in Arizona are trained to offer you the following treatment options:
a naturopathic physician, Dr. Tara Peyman will treat you as an
individual and work with you to determine the treatment plan that best
fits your needs.
Dr. Tara Peyman
- Tara Peyman is a licensed Naturopathic Medical Doctor in the state of Arizona. She specializes in treating anxiety, depression, and insomnia with drugless therapies. Dr. Peyman has developed a comprehensive treatment program for anxiety and depression, which includes specialty testing, Homeopathic Treatment, and acupuncture. Dr. Peyman has been trained in the interpretation of Neurotransmitter Testing to determine imbalanced neurotransmitter levels associated with these conditions. By utilizing classical homeopathic medicine and a unique combination of acupuncture and relaxing physical medicine techniques, she works to meet each individual’s needs and reach the underlying cause. She also uses nutritional and botanical medicine to balance and restore neurotransmitters and hormone levels.
- Dr. Peyman is the lead physician for the progressive Weight Loss and Diabetes Treatment Programs located at East Valley Naturopathic Doctors. The foundation of success through these two programs is based upon individualized specialty tests including Adrenal Function Testing, IgG Food Intolerance Testing, and a Diabetes Risk Assessment.
- One of Dr. Peyman’s passions is providing anti-aging therapies, specifically focused on cellular detoxification and natural rejuvenation treatments. These therapies lead to vibrant skin and improved overall health by treating not only the external, but also internal imbalances. Through Intracellular Nutrient and Antioxidant Testing, deficiencies can be detected and treated with IV Therapy and nutritional counseling. Her programs also include unique facial acupuncture techniques to improve circulation and enhance skin tone.
- Smoking is a serious health risk recognized by Dr. Peyman, which lead her to develop an out-patient naturopathic Smoking Cessation Program. Acupuncture and botanical medicine are recognized therapies for treating addiction and withdrawal symptoms. These natural therapies, in combination with empowering individualized instruction on how to take control and overcome one’s addiction, have excellent success rates for smoking cessation.
- In addition to the above treatment programs, Dr. Peyman has experience helping patients with a variety of health concerns, including post-traumatic stress disorder, irritable bowel syndrome, asthma, eczema, hypothyroidism, chronic headaches, and many other conditions.
- Dr. Peyman graduated from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, Arizona. In her clinical training, Dr. Peyman focused on gaining an expertise in homeopathic case analysis and prescribing, with over 700 hours of hands-on education in this specific therapy. While attending medical school, she acted as Public Relations Representative for the Southwest College Naturopathic Society, and was subsequently elected President of the organization. Prior to medical school, Dr. Peyman received her bachelor’s degree in Health and Human Development from Antioch College. She is a co-author of Naturopathic Clinical Boards Practice Exams, and writes articles for AZNet News. Dr. Peyman has additional private training in massage therapy and Japanese shiatsu, and utilizes these techniques to enhance her physical medicine therapeutics. She is also a member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians.