Welcome to Whole Health Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine
Whole Health Acupuncture is a full service Asian medicine clinic offering Chinese Herbal Medicine, Japanese & Chinese acupuncture, and lifestyle education. We specialize in treating a wide variety of health concerns and the prevention of disease.
Combining the ancient art of Chinese medicine with the knowledge of modern medical science, we seek to provide the highest level of safe and effective patient care.
We are dedicated to helping you, and your family, achieve optimal health and well-being. Our treatment plans are tailored to meet the unique needs of each individual.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Traditional Chinese Medicine is a complete health care system developed over 2000 years ago in China. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine are the integral components of this ancient medicine.
Both preventative and curative in nature, acupuncture works by regulating the body's energy as it flows along pathways called meridians. A blockage in the flow of energy may result in an imbalance that can lead to any number of medical conditions. Acupuncture works by stimulating specific points along these meridians with the shallow insertion of very fine, sterilized, single-use, disposable needles. After a comprehensive intake, an array of points are chosen based on your individual condition to rebalance your body and restore the free flow of energy.
Japanese acupuncture derives from the same theoretical roots as Traditional Chinese Acupuncture, but uses even thinner needles and gentler techniques. Consequently, patients find the treatments gentle and relaxing, with minimal, if any, discomfort. Most patients do not notice the insertion of needles, allowing those with a fear of needles to be treated by this effective healing system.
For the Needle Sensitive
Although most people find the idea of acupuncture needles more worrisome than the actual needles themselves, there are cases in which patients may opt for therapies that do not involve the use of needles at all. For the needle sensitive (and for children), there are non-needling techniques that are used with productive results. Magnets and moxabustion are gentle ways to stimulate acupuncture points. Moxabustion uses the herb Artemesia Vulgaris to warm specific areas of the body to improve circulation, and blood flow. Traditional meridian massage and cupping techniques are also particularly effective – as well as soothing. If you have concerns about any treatment, you can request gentle, non-needle techniques or ask for a demonstration of the modality before treatment.
Chinese Herbal Medicine
An important component of Chinese Medicine is the use of plant substances to treat various health conditions. As practitioners of Chinese Herbal Medicine, we comprehensively assesses the whole person –as well as a patient’s primary health concern – and create an individualized herbal formula that effectively treats her/his unique health concern without side-effects. Herbal medicine can be used in conjunction with acupuncture or by itself. Leaves, flowers, seeds or roots are prepared in traditional formulas to effectively treat and prevent disease. Common herbs include cinnamon bark, ginger root, ginseng and mandarin orange peels. We us only the highest quality herbs. Herbal formulas can be prescribed as teas, capsules, pills or tinctures.
Top 10 Conditions Treated
Other Conditions Treatable by Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture
- Back Problems
- Sprains and Strains
- High Blood Pressure
- ”Digestive Problems”
- Women’s Health and Fertility
Women's Health Conditions Treatable by Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture:
- Common Health Concerns - Stress Management, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Fatigue, Insomnia, Anxiety and Depression, Dizziness, Addictions, Post-Operative Recovery
- Musculo-skeletal Problems - Musculo-Skeletal Pain (e.g. Knee pain, Back Pain, Neck and Shoulder Pain), Tennis Elbow, Frozen Shoulder, TMJ, Sciatica, Osteoarthritis, Tension Headache, Fibromyalgia
- Respiratory Problems - Common Cold, Allergies, Sinusitis and Rhinitis, Tonsillitis, Bronchitis, Asthma
- Gastro-intestinal Disorders - Indigestion, Acid Reflux/ Heart Burn, Bloating, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Chron’s Disease, Constipation, Diarrhea, Gastritis, Colitis
- Neurological Disorders - Headache and Migraine, Trigeminal neuralgia, Facial Palsy (early stage, within 3-6 months), Paralysis Following a Stroke, Peripheral Neuropathies, Sequelae of Polio (early stage, i.e., 6 months), Meniere's Disease
- Men's Health - Prostate, Infertility, Impotence
- General Health Concerns - Endometriosis , Fibroids , Fibromyalgia, IBS, Ovarian Cysts, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Vaginal Discharge
- Menstrual Problems - Acne, Amenorrhea, Bloating, Break Through Bleeding, Breast Tenderness, Cramps, Depression, Emotional Changes, Heavy Bleeding, Irregular Period, Irritability, Painful Periods, Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Skipped Periods, Spotting
- Fertility - Difficulty Conceiving, Male Infertility, Habitual Miscarriage, Improved IVF Success Rate
- Menopausal Symptoms - Dryness, Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, Poor Sleep
- Pregnancy and Postpartum - Back Ache, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Constipation, Hemorrhoids Induction of Childbirth, Insomnia, Lactation, Low Back Pain, Morning Sickness, Pain Relief During Labor, Postnatal Recuperation, Post Partum Depression and Exhaustion, Sciatica, Shortened Duration of Labor
, Chinese Acupuncture
, Chinese Herbal Medicine
, Herbal Medicine
, Japanese AcupunctureHealth Conditions: Allergies
, Back Pain
, Sprains and strains